Version 1 – February 03rd 2018
AUP applies to all Rimahost customers.
This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) applies to all customers (“you” or “customer,” whether or not capitalized) of Rimahost (“Rimahost b”) or any Rimahost affiliate upon subscription to the services of Rimahost or any Rimahost affiliate (“Services”), including subscription through a third party or any commercial partner.
Customer agrees to use the Services only for lawful purposes, in compliance with all applicable laws, and in compliance with this AUP. If customer uses the Services for unlawful purposes or not in compliance with all applicable law, or is, or uses the Services, not in compliance with this AUP, then Rimahost may exercise the rights set forth in the “Violation” section of this AUP.
Specific activities that are prohibited include, but are not limited to:
- Threatening harm to persons or property or otherwise harassing behavior.
- Violating Canadian export control laws or regulations, including those affecting software or technical information or violating Canadian laws or regulations concerning the doing of business with certain sanctioned countries or with designated persons or entities.
- Misrepresenting or fraudulently representing products/services.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right without proper authorization, or material that is obscene, defamatory, an invasion of privacy or constitutes an illegal threat, or is otherwise illegal.
- Failure to provide complete, truthful and accurate information regarding the customer’s identity and locations as requested on all of Rimahost’s application forms.
- Transmission, distribution or storage of any material that sponsors, assists in, or encourages the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, any civilian population or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.
- Facilitating, aiding, or encouraging any of the above activities, whether using Rimahost’s network or Services by itself or via a third party’s network or service.
- Interference with a third party’s use of Rimahost’s network or Services, or ability to connect to the Internet or provide services to Internet users.
- Managing a proxy server.
- Running chat servers.
Rimahost has a STRONG anti-spam policy and applies it. Spammers are NOT welcomed. This includes spamming through open proxy servers or any other kind of unsolicited email advertising. If a customer is found to be in violation of our SPAM policy, Rimahost reserves the right to pursue civil remedies for any costs associated with the investigation of a substantiated policy violation. Rimahost will notify law enforcement officials if the violation is believed to be a criminal offense. Customer acknowledges that customer is responsible for any and all SPAM related actions which come from customer’s account.
- Sending unsolicited email messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited even if the lists are said to be opt-in.
- Customer will not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site.
- It is strictly forbidden to send out unsolicited email from any other network that advertises, promotes or in any way points to a location inside the Rimahost network.
It is strictly forbidden to publish adult content on Rimahost’s hosting accounts. The restriction applies, without limitation, to images and videos.
System and Network Security
Customer is prohibited from utilizing the Services to compromise the security or tamper with system resources or accounts on computers at the Premises or at any third party site.
Specific activities that are prohibited include, but are not limited to :
- Threatening harm to persons or property or otherwise harassing behavior.
- Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security.
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting.
- Intentionally or negligently transmitting files containing a computer virus or corrupted data.
On all Rimahost hosting accounts, it is strictly forbidden, to make your account resources available (whether for free or pay) to the general public. Without limitation, this applies to usage of an account to provide public online services like statistics, image hosting, free web hosting or any other similar service. At any time, all Rimahost’s hosting accounts must use an acceptable level of resources and stay below 2% of the total system resources.
Storage capacity provided with a hosting plan is defined as disk space. It is used in order to place content such as web pages, pictures, videos, audio, databases and email accounts.
Customers may only store the website's content. It is forbidden to use Rimahost hosting accounts disk space for personal or unrelated pieces of data that are not part of the website, or for massive storage or backups.
In order to provide optimal server performance, we only allow 250,000 files and folders per cPanel account.
High reliability and backup systems
The zero downtime architecture and backups are included with Rimahost hosting plans. However, Rimahost could choose to host a website on a server that does not include these features in certain circumstances, without being limited to the following:
- The amount of disk space used by customer increases at a fast pace.
- The storage contains a large amount of files larger than 100MB.
- The majority of customer content resides in compressed or archived files, such as ZIP or RAR, occupying more than 5% of allowed disk space.
The customer is prohibited from parking a domain or add-on domains which NS records are not properly configured. Rimahost removes such additional domains without prior notice. If NS record of the main service is not configured, the account will be suspended until NS records are correctly set.
Rimahost, in its sole discretion, will determine what action will be taken in response to a violation of this AUP on a case-by-case basis. Violation of this AUP could also subject Customer to criminal or civil liability. Rimahost may block access to the Customer's account involved. If Rimahost believes, at its sole discretion, that a violation of this AUP has occurred, such action may also include, but is not limited to, temporary or permanent blocking of access to the Customer’s account and data, and the suspension or termination of Services. Rimahost may involve and will also fully cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating suspected lawbreakers. Rimahost and its affiliates have no obligation to provide warnings under any circumstances and can terminate the customer’s account without prior notice if the customer violates this policy.
Rimahost reserves the right to modify this AUP at any time without notice. Customer is responsible for all use of the Services by itself, its employees, agents, contractors, invitees and customers, whether such use is with or without the consent of Customer. Rimahost can require a signed copy of thisdocuments.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution